The last few years, I have made an effort to embrace our chilly Minnesota winters. Instead of enduring a countdown to spring, I've tried to focus on what I love about winter- the beauty, the freshness, and the coziness of our little home.
(And no bugs...and no weeding...)
Being cozy has been on my mind a lot lately, and Parachute Home inspired me to share some of my favorite ways.
For me, coziness is all about engaging the senses. It's about creating rich and inviting surroundings, and bringing extra comfort to everyday rituals.
Here are my 8 favorite ways to stay cozy:
1. Twinkling Candlelight.
Our cupboards are stocked with candles and wax warmers in all scents and sizes. I love lighting one right after cleaning, or at night when the house is dark and quite.
2. Fleece-lined leggings, wool socks, and an ultra plush throw blanket. AKA-my winter uniform.
Doesn't this oversized cashmere throw look divine?
3. Soft sweaters for every family member.
4. Crisp, white sheets.
I've always felt like the best bedding is as simple as a set of classic white sheets and a fluffy down comforter. Our master and guest beds are both dressed in white.
5. Speaking of..., is there anything cozier than a down comforter?
One of my favorite feelings is being nestled in down.
Find premium down products here.
6. I can't help but embrace winter when I see these mittens.
7. During the day, the kids and I love to build forts with every blanket in the house, and snuggle up with books and snacks.
8. At night, my husband and I relax with a sweet/salty combination of hot cocoa and crunchy popcorn.
Thanks to Parachute Home, experts in coziness (sumptuous, fine, Italian coziness, to be exact), for inspiring me.
If you are in the market for high-quality bedding, check out their website . They are passionate about bringing those luxurious moments to your front door-without the luxury prices. I could curl up in any of their beautiful products and not leave the house all winter!
I hope this post has inspired you to embrace cozy in these last winter months.